The post in which I list
all some of the great things that happened last week.
Okay so here we go:
- It was my birthday.
- My students gave me a happy little frog cupcake, popped party poppers and blew party hooters, then sang Happy Birthday to me.
- Some other students decorated my car with lovely signs decorated with pictures of balloons to wish me a happy birthday.
- I was randomly serenaded by, well, actually, I don’t know who by, but a I received a great message on my phone in which two guys sang, “Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyy baby, ooooh ahhhh hhhhuhhhh, I wannnnna kno o o oo o ow if you’ll be my girl,” and then hung up. It was the night of the Eurovision Competitions, so I guess they were feeling inspired. I appreciated it. I do love to be serenaded.
- I received an email inviting me to attend a presentation and consider applying for various international scholarships such as the Rhodes, Fulbright or Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships Plan for postgraduate study. This was exciting because the scholarships are really very good and I’d love to apply but then I remembered that I have two little boys who may not respond well to being uprooted while their mama undertakes intensive study overseas…I’m not sure if I’ll attend. But then I remembered that Bob Hawke was a Rhodes Scholar and he is not that fabulous, except at drinking, so, perhaps it’s not as prestigious an award as it first appears. But Oxford would be nice.
- Hmmm, I’m sure there was a #6 however, it’s way past my bedtime.
Must sleep. Will post soonish.